Two Poles arrested in USD 110 mn Australia drug haul 15.10.2016 14:02 Two Polish nationals have been arrested in a drug haul in Australia which netted ecstasy worth USD 110 million. Photo: GlowimagesPhoto: Glowimages
Local media said the 1.2 tonne haul was the biggest in Australia this year, adding that the two Poles, aged between 28 and 29, had allegedly concealed the drugs in a shipment of aluminium sheets from the Czech Republic.
“The goods were declared as aluminium rolls and within the aluminium rolls there was a number of lead casings that concealed the actual narcotics themselves, so it's a very sophisticated concealment,” Border Force Commander Tim Fitzgerald was reported by the AFP as saying.
Meanwhile, Australian Justice Minister Michael Keenan said: “This is the largest drug haul in Australia so far in 2016 and the fourth-largest ecstasy seizure on record.”
I only hope that guys who offend Catholic religion will be prosecuted in the same way in Britain.
ENJOY F****RS!' Two Polish men bombarded London mosque with Tesco bacon after Oktoberfest booze binge
The men even placed a piece of bacon into a worshipper's shoe during the drunken rampage through the mosque By BRITTANY VONOW 1st November 2016, 6:00 pm
TWO Polish men who chucked bacon into a mosque, yelling “enjoy f***ers” after binge-drinking at Oktoberfest have been jailed for eight months.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard that the pair had bought a packet of bacon at a Tesco after drinking heavily at the festival but could not remember going to the mosque on Sunday night, October 2.
Prosecutor Carol Summers said the mosque’s caretaker had at first thought the Polish pair were worshippers but was stunned when meat was thrown at him.
The caretaker said that although he had a “strong character”, he had been left “traumatised and crushed” by the incident.
The men threw several rashers of bacon, also placing a third piece in the shoe of a worshipper.
Both men, who have no previous convictions admitted one charge of religiously aggravated harassment and one of religiously aggravated criminal damage last month.
The pair have both been attacked by Muslim prisoners after having been remanded in custody in HMP Pentonville, the court heard.
Philip Haworth, defending Czak-Zukowski, said his client has lost his job and his home after being jailed and is “deeply remorseful”.
He said: “All he can say is that he was drunk at Oktoberfest at the time, he knows that isn’t a good enough excuse.”
Ania Grudzinska, defending Pawlikowski, said: “There have been incidents already in Pentonville prison and so he has been given a taste of his own medicine.”
She added that the man had “well and truly learnt his lesson” and was “extremely remorseful”.
The court also heard that Pawlikowski had worked at the Central Criminal Court canteen, serving breakfasts and lunches to jurors deciding on cases.
They have now been were jailed by Judge Peter Clarke QC for eight months each.
Judge Clarke said: “‘It seems to me that the religious aggravation in the offence is the offence itself.
“Obviously throwing that smoked meat in an ordinary public Christian place is a completely different context from that which you intended.
“The two of you were in drink which is no mitigation, you were merely doing what you thought of doing no doubt sober but found you could do more easily inebriated.”
Hate crime is often a hidden crime and it is essential we stand together with policing partners, colleagues and groups to investigate all such allegations, support victims and bring perpetrators to justice. Judge Peter Clarke QCBlackfriars Crown Court
He said that it was up to the courts to protect citizens “from living in fear of violence and religious hatred”.
He said: “The defendants showed a complete disregard for the faith and belief of others in this callous and highly offensive incident; and I hope their convictions highlight that we will not tolerate hate crime in any of its forms.
“I know this incident has had a significant impact on the community and commend the victims for speaking up.
“Hate crime is often a hidden crime and it is essential we stand together with policing partners, colleagues and groups to investigate all such allegations, support victims and bring perpetrators to justice.”
2 Poles got 22 weeks of prison after damaging two dozen houses in an English town.
Good! The Polish law is still too lenient in comparison, such guys usually only get fines and have to pay the damages. They were eventually arrested at the train station with their hands covered in paint after dumping the spray can in a bin. "It might be said they were literally caught red-handed," said prosecutor Mary Jacobson. Tunbridge Wells Borough Council was left with a clean-up bill of £2,641 but the court heard business and homeowners may have to bear the cost of returning their buildings to a "more pristine" condition.
Comments under the report: the pretty Pole charms the British judge.
'I am not going to send a lady to prison' Judge spares student who racially abused cops after club attack
The first year Kingston University student physically assaulted police officers By Patrick Gysin 15th March 2017, 7:18 am Updated: 16th March 2017, 8:14 am
A DRUNK photography student who attacked people and hurled racist abuse was spared jail for being “a lady”.
Karolina Szumko, 18, downed half a bottle of vodka before attacking workers at the Notting Hill Arts Club and ranted at officers who later dragged her away in handcuffs.
Karolina Szumko was spared jail after racist slurs during Notting Hill club rampage
The first year student at Kingston University slapped, kicked and aimed punches at the officers before calling them “British p****s” and telling them: “You are going to f***ing die, f***ing racists, pretend to be white but with Merry Christmas to Muslim people.”
The Debenhams worker then spat in the face of one officer and threw a glass of water over a custody officer. Karolina Szumko Facebook/ Karolina Szumko 2 The judge said that he wouldn’t send a lady to prison for something like this
But on Monday, the teen was spared jail at Hammersmith magistrates’ court by Deputy District Judge Adrian Turner – despite saying her actions horrified him.
Instead he sentenced the Polish-born student, who has lived in the UK for five years, to 150 hours of community service and told her to pay £200 to her victims.
World Nepal Slams Climber With 10-Year Ban From Mount Everest By Reuters On 6/8/17 at 3:24 AM
A Polish man has been banned from climbing any mountain in Nepal for 10 years after he made a rare traverse of Mount Everest last month without the correct permit, a Nepali official said on Thursday.
Janusz Adam Adamski, 49, from Szczecin, Poland, climbed the world’s highest peak on May 21 from the Chinese route and descended on the Nepali side of the mountain that straddles their border.
Adamski had a Chinese permit but did not have permission to descend the mountain from the Nepali side, a government official said.
"He will not be allowed to climb any mountain peak in Nepal for 10 years under our mountaineering rules," said Kamal Parajuli, a Nepali tourism official.
He said Adamski told officials he chose the Nepali route for his descent because he was running short of oxygen bottles and hoped to find help on the Nepali side, where there were many climbers at the time.
Reuters could not reach Adamski for comment.
Nepal will likely deport the climber for entering the country without a visa, immigration official Mohan G.C. said.
Hundreds of foreign climbers attempt Himalayan peaks in Nepal every year, but it is rare for climbers to do so without permission.
Nepal charges $11,000 for an Everest permit.
South African Ryan Sean Davy, 43, was banned from the Nepal Himalayas for 10 years in May after he was caught hiding in a cave while trying to climb the 8,850-metre (29,035 feet) peak without a permit.
An Indian couple was banned last year for digitally altering photographs to prove that they had reached the summit.
Polish tourist accidentally starts a huge forest blaze in Montenegro after getting lost in the woods and lighting a fire to signal for help
By Sara Malm for MailOnline
Published: 17:09 BST, 30 August 2017 | Updated: 17:58 BST, 30 August 2017
A Polish tourist who got lost while hill-walking in Montenegro accidentally started a devastating forest fire when he tried to signal for help.
The rambler lost his way near the coast in southern Montenegro, and called for help before lighting a small bonfire to alert authorities to his position.
However, the fire soon got out of control, and a huge blaze - seen in a video recorded by an eyewitness - is now threatening the popular tourist resorts of Susanj and Bar.
Video playing bottom right... Accident: The tourist was walking in the hills near the seaside resorts of Susanj and Bar, in southern Montenegro, when he realised that he was lost and lit a bonfire to signal for help +3
Accident: The tourist was walking in the hills near the seaside resorts of Susanj and Bar, in southern Montenegro, when he realised that he was lost and lit a bonfire to signal for help
Wildfires have raged across the Balkans, including Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro, in recent weeks due to a combination of high temperatures and a lack of rain.
The latest blaze was started on Tuesday, when the tinder-dry vegetation enabled the small bonfire to rapidly spread from the top of the hill where the tourist was walking and take hold in the surrounding forest. RELATED ARTICLES
Velizar Cadzenovic, head of the Bar Protection Service, said the blazehad quickly become out of control, threatening local towns and villages.
He said: 'I was informed that a Polish mountaineer who was lost in the hills, in order to signal where he was located, set fire to the forest and the fire immediately spread to a large part of the hill due to wind and dry vegetation.
Out of control: However, the fire soon got out of control, and a huge blaze - seen in a video recorded by an eyewitness - is now ravaging the forests near the Montenegrin coast
'The situation is extremely serious, because at this moment it all depends on the wind, it could not only endanger the upper parts of Susanj, but on the side of the hill is Sutomore, and on the other side is Zubac.'
Mr Cadzenovic added that he would seek immediate help from Croatian firefighting planes, as well as available Montenegrin police aircraft.
He said: 'We immediately started making plans of action for tomorrow at dawn. At this moment, the fire is still far from the road, however, due to the possible development of the situation, we have to be most careful.'
The missing Polish tourist has not yet been found. It is believed that he used his mobile phone to ring for help and lit a fire in the hope that rescuers would see the smoke.
The fire has spread into a triangle of flame covering part of a hill and is clearly visible from practically all parts of Bar.
Susanj is famous for its beaches while Bar is an ancient city and port which is famously home to what is believed to be the world's oldest olive tree which is between 2,000 and 2,500 years old.
3 Polish drivers were so stupid trying to imitate Formula 1 racing on a public road in Slovakia, with a tragic result - a Slovakian driver was killed. They were driving fast luxurious cars. Now they are detained and will be tried, facing about 15 years, although only one of them was the direct perpetrator.
A mild sentence for a drunk Pole who kicked the police and made general brawl in the hospital Man given community order after attacking staff at Basingstoke hospital By Gazette reporter Basingstoke Magistrates Court
Basingstoke Magistrates Court
A MAN who drunkenly attacked hospital staff walked away with a community order following a court hearing.
Karol Marczak, 58, appeared at Basingstoke Magistrates Court on January 8 after pleading guilty to five counts of assaulting an emergency worker and one count of using threatening or abusive language.
The court heard that at around 8.10pm on December 15, the Polish native was taken to Basingstoke hospital with a head injury.
Presiding magistrates heard that ambulance staff had phoned ahead to warn hospital staff that Marczak, of Thornycroft Close, Newbury, was aggressive and violent towards them.
When he arrived at the hospital security staff could tell that the 58-year-old had been drinking, so they tried to calm him down, but he acted aggressively, attempting to headbutt one of the security staff.
The court heard that Marczak was left on a trolley for 45 minutes to sober up, but when staff went to attend on him he was still aggressive and tried to run out of the hospital, nearly careering into a man carrying a baby.
Magistrates were told that once staff were finally able to treat him for his head injuries, Mr Marczak continued to lash out, headbutting one of the security staff in the chest and kicking out at another member of staff.
When discharged, the court heard that Mr Marczak was seen outside the hospital drinking from a bottle of vodka, and reinjuring himself, having to be readmitted.
This time, police were called and when they attempted to calm him and restrain him, one officer was kicked in the arm, with a member of the hospital security being kicked in the face.
A victim impact statement read to the court from PC Phil Howe said: “I should not be left with injuries when carrying out my duty as an officer.
“He [Mr Marczak] showed total disregard for the law and authority and a total lack of respect to any human.”
The presiding magistrates gave Mr Marczak a community order for each of the six counts and ordered him to pay £375 in compensation, £85 victim surcharge and £85 costs.
No matter what nationality. If I see drunken lads abusing women or girls or innocent people in general I will act. In Arnhem I intefeared when a drunken Dutch man beat his wife. I prevented him from doing so until mounted police on horses arrived and arrested this agressive and violent drunken man. We have always have to act if we see this happening and prevent these lunatics from abusing girls or women. I am sory for these Turkish ladies. You have very nice and good Turkish girls and women in the Netherlands. I have worked with them and I know a few Turks professionaly from local politics, because I work as a journalist at city council meetings. These drunken Poles were lucky that there were no Turkish men or boys in the metro, bus or station where they harassed or beat these poor women. Turkish familymemembers or people of the Turkish communtiy would have beaten up these Poles. I might have beaten them too if I would see this happening in front of my eyes.